Monday, May 28, 2012

'Completing' vs. 'Finishing'

It occurred to me that some people might not know what I mean by 'completing' a game. Since there's a difference between 'completing' and 'finishing' or 'beating', I thought I would spell it out for you here.

Finishing or beating a game means completing the storyline (if there is one). This generally nets you a decent amount of gamerscore, depending on the game.

My goal, however, is to complete games. This means not only finishing the storyline, but every side quest, collection quest, and quirky task to get 100% of the gamerscore in the game. For those unfamiliar, gamerscore comes from achievements, and achievements are earned by doing a variety of things (i.e. in Red Dead Redemption, you get an achievement for hogtying a woman and putting her on the train tracks, assuming she gets hit by a train). Sometimes achievements are easy, and sometimes they aren't. Completing a game is a bigger task than simply going in and beating a game.

This is why I'll be posting excitedly whenever I 'complete' a game. Hopefully this all makes sense.

The following are the games I've completed to date. Hover over the thumbnail to see the title of the game. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment